Brimming with so many options to choose from, Indian fashion market is blooming with haute styles and trending silhouettes. It’s not really enough to stay updated on trends and stuff all the new styles in your closet. The clothes you wear should describe your personality and your looks should always compliment your style. Well, you can only do that if you dress your curves right.
Thus, it is essential for one to choose what to wear that would fit their body shape and size perfectly. Therefore, we have listed out some tips and tricks for you on how to choose and dress for your shape:
The first and the foremost part is to know and pick your body shape.
Guidelines for Dressing Up
The pear shape:
• Go for plunging necklines, bell sleeves or cowl necklines to give a definite center of attraction to your upper body.
• Flatter the world with tight fitted tops and flaunt those curves confidently.
• Adding on layers would just accentuate your curves. Go for tight fitted blazers, princess seam jackets etc.
• Choose subtle and dark colored pants and lowers, flared pants and A- lines are a go- to option for you.
The Apple shape:
• Breezy silhouettes, flowy tunics, boyfriend shirts are your power pieces.
• Skinny jeans and classic trouser fit would compliment your body type.
• Go for darker colors and flared dresses to create a dramatic move
• Diagonal stripes, prints and patterns will uplift your fashion looks perfectly.
• Layer it up with free flowing shrugs; the knee length trench coats without a belt will be super flattering.
• Top it off with your favourite pair of accessories and try not to carry huge bags, go for slings and medium size handbags instead.
The Hourglass Shape:
You have perfectly defined curves and a body every woman desires for:
• Go for camisole tops and high waist jeans to accentuate the curves.
• Wrap tops, peplum blouses while any neck including V, scoop or round neck are perfect for your body type.
• Go for any kind of dresses from body cons to flared; your curves are your strength, so play well with it.
• Go for dark colors for a slimmer look.
• Ignore wearing stripes and patterns if in case you want to be at the feminine side of dressing.
The Rectangle Shape:
• Halter styles, racer backs, strapless anything would look amazing on you.
• Say Hi to flared dresses in halter or strapless body cons to grab people’s attention on your collar and upper body.
• Try to dress up by tucking in tops for a more defined waistline.
• Layer yourself up with pea coats, duster or bomber jackets to get a voluminous look.
• Always try to match up your upper and lower body silhouettes like if you are going for slim fir tops then a fitted pant has to be the partner in crime.
Last but not the least, every woman is differently shaped, the most essential thing to carry with you is your confidence. Follow these tips and tricks and flaunt them in confidence.